Thank you for visiting our website and taking a look at our 2017 Toyota Tundra video review. You can access our current inventory of 2017 Toyota Tundra’s, schedule a test drive, apply for financing or get a bid on your current vehicle by selecting one of the links above.
In addition you can find information on the 2017 Toyota Tundra below to include; Reasons to buy a 2017 Toyota Tundra, what’s new on the 2017 Toyota Tundra, Key Features for the 2017 Toyota Tundra, key competitive advantages the 2017 Toyota Tundra has over its competition.
Thank you again for visiting our website and we hope you find this information helpful to your future Toyota purchase.
Why should you buy a 2017 Toyota Tundra from Toyota of Gladstone?
Rugged yet refined, Tundra features a TripleTec frame and 4.6L or 5.7L V8, which means it's ready for work or play. For 2017, Tundra continues to offer something for everyone with three different cab and bed sizes and six distinct trim levels, including the exceptionally capable TRD Pro models.
Built for Work, Ready for Fun
With long cargo beds for Regular Cab, standard and long beds for Double Cab and a short bed for CrewMax, Tundra comes in a variety of configurations to meet customers' needs. Properly equipped Tundra offers up to 10,500 lb. of maximum towing capacity, up to 2060 lb. of maximum payload and serves up features such as integrated trailer brake controller and Trailer-Sway Control, helping owners confidently power through the toughest jobs. Plus, Tundra tow ratings adhere to the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J2807 trailering standard.
A Distinct Model For Every Lifestyle
Tundra offers two different engine choices and E85 Flex-Fuel capability, in addition to rear-wheel drive or 4WDemand part-time four-wheel drive. For 2017, Tundra features six different trim levels starting with the workhorse SR and then stepping it up a notch with SR5 while adding luxury with Limited and Platinum. The 1794 Edition offers full-sized luxury with western style while the new TRD Pro is made for off-road adventure, ready to take on any terrain.
Tundra comes standard with eight airbags, Toyota's Star Safety System™and Trailer-Sway Control. Plus, Tundra has standard front and rear parking sonar on Platinum and 1794 models and standard integrated trailer brake controller on all 5.7L V8 equipped models.
Tundra offers standard ToyotaCare, which includes a no-cost scheduled maintenance plan for two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first, plus 24/7 roadside assistance for two years. For 2016, Tundra has a higher residual value than any other vehicle in the full-size pickup segment according to ALG (Automotive Leasing Guide)9. Tundra won Highest Retained Value, Lowest Ownership Cost and Lowest Maintenance Cost by Intellichoice and Best Resale Value - Full Size Pickup Truck by Kelly Blue Book.
The rugged and capable TRD Off-Road package is offered in many Tundra trims and of course, the TRD Pro is ready to leave the pavement behind, equipped with standard 4WDemand part-time 4WD, a TRD performance dual exhaust system, TRD-tuned 2.5-in. Bilstein shock absorbers with remote reservoirs and TRD-tuned springs, which help optimize ride quality over harsh terrain. Plus, TRD Pro has a standard 10.6-in. ground clearance with 31o approach and 17o departure angles. TRD Pro's rugged exterior features 18-in. TRD Pro alloy wheels with all-terrain P275/65R18 tires, a TRD aluminum front skid plate, and unique "TOYOTA" badging.
What's New for the 2017 Toyota Tundra
Tow hitch receiver now standard on all models - added as standard equipment on 4.6L V8 models
• Radiant Red (3L5) has been discontinued
• SR now available in Barcelona Red Metallic (3R3), Super White (040), Black (202)
• Inferno (4X0) now uncoupled from TRD PRO, and available on SR5 and Limited models
• Quicksand (4V6) now available on SR5 and Limited models
Limited models now include 4-way power front passenger seat
2017 Toyota Tundra Key Features
• 4.6L DOHC 32-valve aluminum i-FORCE V8 with Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i)
• 5.7L DOHC 32-valve aluminum i-FORCE V8 with Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i) - available in E85 Flex Fuel version
• 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i), sequential shift mode and uphill/downhill shift logic, TOW/HAUL Mode on 5.7L V8 models
• Available 4WDemand part-time 4WD with Electronically Controlled transfer case, Active Traction Control (A-TRAC) and Automatic Limited-Slip Differential (Auto LSD)
• 9.5-in. rear ring gear on 4.6L V8 models and 10.5-in. rear ring gear on 5.7L V8 models
• TRD dual exhaust (TRD Pro models)
• Automatic Limited-Slip Differential (Auto LSD)
• TRD Bilstein high-performance shock absorbers with remote reservoirs (TRD Pro models)
• Multi-reflector halogen headlights with black sport bezels and manual level control (TRD Pro)
• LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) (Platinum, 1794 Edition)
• Matte black lower front bumper with color-keyed end caps and "TOYOTA" grille with color-keyed grille surround (TRD Pro)
• Standard Deck Rail System with four adjustable tie-down cleats
• Chrome heated power and auto-dimming outside mirrors with turn signal indicators, power-folding and memory feature (Platinum, 1794 Edition)
• Available power tilt/slide moonroof with sliding sunshade
• 18-in. 5-spoke TRD Pro alloy wheels with P275/65R18 Michelin tires (TRD Pro)
• Available 20-in. 6-spoke chrome clad alloy wheels with P275/55R20 tires (1794 Edition)
• Entune Audio - includes the Entune Multimedia Bundle (6.1 in. touch-screen display, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback capability, 6 speakers, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port with iPod connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology), Siri® Eyes Free, and integrated backup camera display - SR
• Entune Audio Plus with Connected Navigation App - includes the Entune Multimedia Bundle (7-in. high-resolution touch-screen display, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback capability, 6 speakers, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port with iPod® connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology), Connected Navigation Scout® GPS Link App, Siri® Eyes Free, SiriusXM® All Access Radio with 3-mo. Radio Trial, HD Radio™, HD Radio™ traffic and weather in major metro areas, and integrated backup camera display. Access to Entune® App Suite is subscription free. See toyota.com/entune for details. - SR5
• Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and Entune® App Suite - includes the Entune™ Multimedia Bundle (7-in. high-resolution touch-screen with split screen display, AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, 9 speakers (7 speakers on Double Cab), auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port with iPod® connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology), Siri® Eyes Free, Entune® App Suite, HD Radio™, HD Radio™ predictive traffic and Doppler weather overlay, AM/FM cache radio, SiriusXM® All Access Radio with 3-month complimentary Radio Trial, and Gracenote® album cover art and integrated backup camera display. Access to Entune® App Suite is subscription free. See toyota.com/entune for details. - Limited, TRD Pro, available on SR5
• Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite - includes the Entune™ Multimedia Bundle (7-in. high-resolution touch-screen with split screen display, AM/FM CD player with [MP3/WMA playback capability], 12 JBL® speakers including subwoofer and amplifier, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port with iPod® connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology), Siri® Eyes Free, Entune® App Suite, HD Radio™, HD Radio™ predictive traffic and Doppler weather overlay, AM/FM cache radio, SiriusXM® All Access Radio with 3 month complimentary Radio Trial, and Gracenote® album cover art and integrated backup camera display. Access to Entune® App Suite is subscription free. See toyota.com/entune for details. - Platinum, 1794 Edition, available on Limited
Comfort and Convenience
• Dual zone automatic climate control with individual temperature settings for driver and front passenger - Limited, Platinum and 1794
• Black TRD PRO leather-trimmed front bucket seats with red contrast stitching - TRD Pro
• Leather-trimmed and heated front bucket seats - Limited
• Perforated, leather-trimmed, heated and ventilated front bucket seats with embroidered upper back rests - Platinum, 1794
• 12-way power-adjustable driver's seat with 2-position memory function and power thigh and lumbar support; 6-way power-adjustable front passenger seat with power lumbar support - Platinum, 1794
• 3.5-in. color multi-information display with odometer and tripmeters
• Fixed center console with covered storage compartments and second-row vents (front bucket seats only) - Limited, Platinum, 1794 and TRD Pro
• Rear under-seat storage compartment - Double Cab SR5, Limited and TRD Pro
Safety & Convenience
• Star Safety System™
• Driver and front outboard passenger Advanced Airbag System
• Driver and front outboard passenger seat-mounted side airbags
• Driver and front passenger knee airbags
• Front and rear Roll-sensing Side Curtain Airbags (RSCA)
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) includes lower anchors on outboard front passenger seat and tether anchor on center seat (bench seat) - Regular Cab
• Trailer Sway Control
• Available front and rear parking assist sonar
• Available Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
• Available integrated trailer brake controller with multi-information display monitoring screen and trailer brake type, gain and manual trailer brake output controls (5.7L V8 only)
2017 Toyota Tundra Awards
2017 Tundra Crew Max was named a Best Overall Value of the year
2017 Tundra Crew Max was named a Highest Retained Value winner
2017 Tundra Crew Max was named an Excellent Value winner
2017 Tundra Double Cab was named an Excellent Value
2017 Tundra Double Cab was named a Lowest Ownership Costs winner
2017 Tundra Double Cab was named a SmartChoice Retained Value winner
2017 Tundra Regular Cab was named a Lowest Maintenance Costs winner
Over 90% of all Toyota Tundras sold over the last 10 years are still on the road today
2017 Toyota Tundra - Best Resale Value: Top 10
Kelley Blue Book
2017 Toyota Tundra has the largest front brakes equipped with 4-piston brake calipers in its class
For seven years running, no other truck in its class has had more US/Canadian parts content than Tundra
2017 Toyota Tundra Key Competitive Advantages
Towing - SAE J2807 Certification
Tundra is equipped for up to 10,500 lb. of maximum towing1, especially thanks to its TripleTech frame, Trailer-Sway Control, 9.5-inch and 10.5-inch ring gears on 4.6L V8 and 5.7L V8 models, respectively. Plus, 13.9-in. front disc brakes with 4-piston calipers and ventilated 13.6-in. rear disc brakes are standard. 5.7L V8 models add a transmission fluid temperature gauge, supplemental engine and transmission fluid coolers, TOW/HAUL Mode and integrated trailer brake controller. In fact, Toyota was the first manufacturer to have all of its trucks' trailer tow ratings certified by the Society of Automotive Engineers' (SAE) J2807 standard.
Tundra offers upscale connectivity on every trim with the standard Entune™ Multimedia bundle including a touch-screen, USB port and Bluetooth® wireless technology. Plus, Limited and TRD Pro feature the Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and Entune® App Suite while Platinum and 1794 add JBL® speakers and amplifier. With the Entune® App Suite especially, this level of connectivity isn't matched by the competition.
Tundra offers an extra layer of confidence with eight standard airbags, including driver and front passenger knee airbags, features not found on its competition. Plus, Tundra offers front and rear parking sonar standard on Platinum and 1794 and available on Limited while front and rear parking sonar are only available for Ram 1500 and Silverado. F-150 only offers a reverse sensing system.
WTundra comes standard with ToyotaCare, including a no-cost scheduled maintenance plan for two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first, while Chevy Silverado is the only competitor to offer a standard maintenance plan.
2017 Toyota Tundra Competitors
2017 Chevrolet Silverado
• More Powerful: Tundra 5.7-liter V8 offers more peak horsepower (381 hp) and torque (401 lb.-ft.) than Silverado's 5.3-liter V8 (355 hp, 383 lb.-ft.).
• Easier to maneuver:: Tundra's 44-foot turning circle is significantly tighter than Silverado's 47.2 feet.
• More versatile comfort: Tundra Limited features automatic dual-zone climate control, while Silverado LT Z71 gets a manual single-zone system.
2017 Ford F-150
• Smart value: Despite similar equipment, Tundra Limited boasts an MSRP10 that is significantly lower than F-150 Lariat, at $44,295 versus $50,630.
• Comprehensive safety: Tundra's eight-airbag7 arrangement includes both driver and front passenger knee airbags, neither of which is offered on F-150.
• Standard equipment: Tundra Limited comes standard with many utility features that are extra cost on F-150 Lariat, like a high-capacity fuel tank, trailer brake controller, full-sliding rear glass and deck rail system.
2017 Ram 1500
• Smart buy: At $44,195, Tundra Limited has a lower MSRP10 than 1500 Laramie, which has an MSRP of $47,295 when equipped with the HEMI V8 engine.
• Safety conscious: Tundra's cabin offers eight airbags7 - including driver and front passenger knee airbags; 1500 is equipped with six airbags.
• Standrad tech: With Tundra Limited's Entune™ Premium Audio, integrated navigation5 is a standard feature; navigation is extra for 1500 Laramie.
2017 Nissan Titan
• Loaded with standard equipment: Tundra SR5's lower MSRP10 is especially impressive considering that its standard equipment includes many features that are only offered through extra-cost packages on Titan SV.
• Well-rounded safety: Tundra SR5 comes equipped with eight airbags7 - including knee airbags for driver and front passenger; Titan SV has six airbags.
• Ready to tow: Tundra SR5 has a standard towing capacity of 9,800 lbs.1; Titan SV requires an extra-cost package to achieve a tow rating of 9,090 lbs.