Thank you for visiting our website and taking a look at our 2016 Toyota Highlander video review. You can access our current inventory of 2016 Toyota Highlander’s, schedule a test drive, apply for financing or get a bid on your current vehicle by selecting one of the links above. In addition you can find information on the 2016 Toyota Highlander below to include; Reasons to buy a 2016 Toyota Highlander, what’s new on the 2016 Toyota Highlander, Key Features for the 2016 Toyota Highlander, key competitive advantages the 2016 Toyota Highlander has over its competition. Thank you again for visiting our website and we hope you find this information helpful to your future Toyota purchase.
Sleek Form Meets Smart FunctionFOR 2016, HIGHLANDER CONTINUES TO TURN HEADS IN THE MID-SIZE SUV SEGMENT WITH A PERFECT COMBINATION OF ATHLETIC STYLING, TECHNOLOGY AND VERSATILITY.
Why buy a 2016 Toyota Highlander?Highlander features a stylish, athletic exterior, complemented by a sophisticated interior. With its overall capability and versatility, Highlander continues to set the standard among mid-size SUVs.
Everyday CapabilityWith seating for up to eight passengers, 83.7 cubic feet of maximum cargo volume, smart storage compartments like an in-dash shelf, overhead console with sunglasses storage and large soft-touch center console with a removable utility tray, and available Dynamic Torque Control AWD, Highlander offers great capability, inside and out.
Advanced TechnologyUpscale technology isn't just under the hood; it's in the cabin too. With Entune Audio head units, three-zone automatic climate control with air filter and innovative safety systems, there's no shortage of advanced-technology features in Highlander.
Premium Interior AmenitiesHighlander offers a variety of upscale features typically found in luxury vehicles, such as ventilated front-row seats and rear-seat Blu-ray DVD entertainment system with 9-in. display to increase the overall ownership experience.
Comprehensive SafetyWith Toyota's Star Safety System, eight standard airbags and available preventive systems like Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA), Pre-Collision System and Lane Departure Alert (LDA), Highlander helps provide even more peace of mind.
Outstanding ValueHighlander comes in four well-equipped trim levels and features the same renowned quality, dependability and reliability Toyota vehicles are famous for. With standard ToyotaCare, Highlander delivers more value than ever.
Available HybridThe 2016 Highlander Hybrid is equipped with a 3.5-liter Hybrid engine, boasting the best combined MPG of any three-row mid-size SUV on the market.
What's New on the Toyota Highlander for 2016
• XLE 18-in. wheels have a new gunmetal gray finish
• The wheels on all grades receive new black center caps
• Rain-sensing windshield wipers are added and now come standard on Platinum Package for Limited Platinum and Hybrid Limited Platinum models
• Tow Prep Package added to LE and LE Plus models with V6 engines; Tow Prep Package is now standard on all models equipped with V6 engines, upping tow capacity to 5,000 lb.
2016 Toyota Highlander Key Features
• 2.7L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder with Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i) (FWD LE)
• 3.5L DOHC 24-valve V6 with Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i)
• Hybrid 3.5L DOHC 24-valve V6 with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)
• 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i), sequential shift mode and snow mode
• Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT) with sequential shift mode (Hybrid models)
• MacPherson strut front suspension and double-wishbone rear suspension
• Available Dynamic Torque Control AWD (Gas models)
• Electronic On-Demand AWD System with intelligence (AWD-i) (Hybrid models)
• Permanent magnet synchronous electric front & rear motors (Hybrid models)
• Entune Audio with 6.1-in. high resolution touchscreen display (8-in. screen on LE Plus and above)
• Integrated backup camera with projected path (LE, LE Plus and XLE)
• Integrated backup camera with dynamic gridlines (Limited and Limited Platinum)
• Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) (Available on Limited and Standard on Limited Platinum)
• 4.2-in. color LCD Multi-Information Display (XLE, Limited and Limited Platinum)
• Available rear Seat Blu-ray DVD Entertainment System (XLE and Limited)
• Star Safety System
• Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
• Downhill Assist Control (DAC) (AWD gas models)
• Collapsible steering column
• Eight airbags including driver knee airbag and front passenger seat cushion airbag
• Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) (Limited and Limited Platinum)
• Rear Parking Assist Sonar (Limited and Limited Platinum)
• Safety Connect- includes Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Roadside Assistance and Automatic Collision Notification (Limited Platinum)
• Available Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with automatic high-beam headlights and Safety Connect (Limited)
COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
• Blue LED ambient lighting on interior of front and rear doors and in-dash shelf (Limited and Limited Platinum)
• Soft-touch in-dash shelf with easy cable management
• 24.5-liter soft-touch roll-top center console with removable utility tray
• Adjustable power liftgate (LE Plus and above)
• Driver Easy Speak (XLE and above)
• Power liftgate with memory function
• Second-row retractable window sunshades (XLE and Limited)
• Available heated steering wheel and heated second-row captain's chairs (Limited)
• Standard moonroof on XLE and Limited, available panoramic moonroof (Limited)
• Up to 83.7 cubic feet of cargo capacity behind first row (LE and LE Plus)
• 8-passenger seating standard for LE, LE Plus and XLE (7-passenger available for XLE, standard for Limited)
• 60/40 split sliding and reclining fold-flat second-row seats (8-passenger seating)
• 60/40 split fold-flat third-row seat with sliding headrests and recline function
2016 Toyota Highlander Awards
• 2016 NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating
• 2015 Best 3-Row SUV for Families by U.S. News & World Report
• 2016 KBB.com Best Buy Award Finalist - among midsize SUVs according to Kelley Blue Book's
• 2015 Best Hybrid SUV for Families by U.S. News & World Report
• The 2016 Highlander was named one of Kelley Blue Book's 16 Best Family Cars of 2016
2016 Toyota Highlander Key Competitive Advantages
Highlander's 8-passenger seating is more than Explorer, Grand Cherokee and Pathfinder while its maximum cargo volume beats all but Pilot. Plus, Highlander provides more front leg room and second-row hip room than all four core competitors.
With features like Intelligent Touch controls, a touch-screen display and the Entune App Suite, an integrated app suite unmatched by all four competitors2, Highlander provides technology that's ahead of the curve.
Already packed with standard features and competitively priced, Highlander also comes standard with ToyotaCare4 no-cost scheduled maintenance plan unmatched by any of the core competitors.
While Explorer and Grand Cherokee also make a Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) available as an additional cost option, none of the core competitors offer a Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) standard like Highlander Limited, and none offer a comprehensive safety package similar to the Driver Technology Package (AT) - which includes Pre-Collision System7, Safety Connect and Lane Departure Alert (LDA). Other competitors offer some of these technologies, but not all.
Highlander gets better city MPG than all of its core competitors, except Pathfinder, while delivering a responsive driving experience with a 6-speed transmission.
Highlander Hybrid boasts the best combined MPG of any 3 row mid-size SUV in the market with an EPA-estimated MPG of 27 city / 28 highway / 28 combined.
016 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD
• Extended comfort: Highlander Limited comes standard with second-row captain's chairs and reclining 60/40 split fold-flat third-row seats. The reclining third-row feature isn’t available on Explorer Limited, while second-row heated bucket seats are an optional extra feature.
• Total connectivity: Highlander Limited and Hybrid models come standard with subscription-free Entune Premium JBL Audio with Navigation and App Suite. Explorer Limited comes standard with SYNC with MyFord Touch, which has available navigation but does not support Ford's SYNC AppLink feature.
• Comprehensive safety: Available preventive systems like Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA), Pre-Collision System and Lane Departure Alert (LDA), helps Highlander provide even more peace of mind. Explorer Limited’s preventive systems can't compare.
• Cargo space: All Highlander models have a maximum of 83.7 in. of maximum cargo space behind the front seats. Explorer Limited has 81.7 in.
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
• Audio: Entune Premium JBL Audio with In-Vehicle Navigation and App Suite comes standard with 12 speakers; 2 more than the Pilot Touring.
• Safety: Standard Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA). Pilot Touring's Honda LaneWatch only covers the right side of the vehicle.
• Utility: Standard height-adjustable power liftgate for garages with low clearance and flip-up rear hatch window for easy access to the cargo area (Pilot Touring AWD only has standard power liftgate)
• Value: "Excellent" value rating from IntelliChoice, whereas Pilot Touring AWD was rated "Above Average." According to IntelliChoice, Highlander Limited AWD has a $3,103 lower 5-year cost of ownership when compared to Pilot Touring AWD ($2,000 less in depreciation and $1000 less in maintenance)