Why buy a 2016 Toyota Prius c?
The 2016 Prius c remains our most affordable hybrid and features a Persona Series Special Edition in two unique color combinations.
Prius c, the smallest member of the Prius Family, is also the most affordable Prius ever. Compact and extremely maneuverable, it's perfect for Toyota guests looking for the efficiency of a hybrid vehicle in a sporty and nimble package. For 2016, Prius c introduces a limited Persona Series Special Edition model available in two unique color combinations: black exterior with cherry pearl accents or black exterior with electric lime metallic accents.
Prius c comes standard with the Entune™ Audio head unit, featuring a 6.1-in. touch-screen, four speakers, USB port6 with iPod®7 connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, Bluetooth®8 streaming wireless technology and Siri® Eyes Free5. Prius c Three and Four come standard with the Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite unit, including a split-screen high-resolution touch-screen with six speakers, HD Radio™9, HD predictive traffic and Doppler weather overlay, AM/FM cache radio, Gracenote® album cover art, SiriusXM® Radio10 with three-month complimentary trial and Entune® App Suite4 with integrated apps and data services.
Prius c was designed with efficiency in mind, boasting EPA-mpg fuel economy estimates11 of 53 city and 46 hwy. Prius c has one of highest city mpg ratings of any car that does not plug in12 and is also rated as a Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV). Plus, Prius c offers EV13 and ECO modes for different types of driving. EV mode13 focuses operation on battery power at low speeds while ECO mode helps maximize hybrid system fuel economy.
Styling and Packaging
Prius c is stylish, yet aggressive with Prius design cues and a lively, city-friendly package. With its nimble steering and compact size, Prius c is easy to maneuver in urban settings and into tight spaces. The 2016 Prius cPersona Series offers two fun and unique color combinations. With color contrast accents sure to catch any passerby's eye, the special edition makes a bold statement, and also features upgraded 15-in. black alloy wheels and a custom Prius Persona Series badge.
What’s new for the 2016 Toyota Prius c
Persona Series Special Edition
• Two unique color combinations: Black Sand Pearl (209) exterior with Cherry Pearl (3F7) accents and Black Sand Pearl (209) exterior with Electric Lime Metallic (588) accents
• Unique contrast color accents on the power outside mirrors, lower grille, under headlamps, door lower window trim and rearview mirror
• Light Blue Gray / Black two-tone interior (21)
• Custom Prius Persona Series badge
• Upgraded 15-in. black alloy wheels
• Toyota Safety Sense (TSS-C) will be available as part of optional packages on Prius c Three and Prius c Four. TSS-C includes Pre-Collision System (PCS)1, Lane Departure Alert (LDA)2 and Auto High Beams (AHB)3
• Entune™ Audio and Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and Entune® App Suite4 now include advanced voice recognition and Siri® Eyes Free5
• Entune® App Suite4 now includes Slacker Radio
• Deluxe Moonroof and Safety Package available on Prius c Three includes power tilt/slide moonroof with sliding sunshade, 15-in. 8-spoke alloy wheels with P175/65R15 tires and Toyota Safety Sense (TSS-C), which includes Pre-Collision System (PCS)1, Lane Departure Alert (LDA)2 and Auto High Beams (AHB)3
• Wheel and Safety Package available on Prius c Three includes 15-in. 8-spoke alloy wheels with P175/65R15 tires and TSS-C, which includes Pre-Collision System (PCS)1, Lane Departure Alert (LDA)2 and Auto High Beams (AHB)3
• Upgraded Wheel and Safety Package available on Prius c Four (1207) includes 16-in. 8-spoke alloy wheels with P195/50R16 tires and TSS-C, which includes Pre-Collision System (PCS)1, Lane Departure Alert (LDA)2 and Auto High Beams (AHB)3
• 1.5L Aluminum 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)
• EV/ECO/Normal modes
• Sequential multi-point EFI with Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence (ETCS-i)
• Permanent magnet AC synchronous motor
• Sealed Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) battery
• Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT)
• LED projector low- and high-beam headlights
• Integrated LED fog lights - Prius c Four
• LED taillights
• Heated power outside mirrors with turn signal indicators - Prius c Four
• 15-in. 8-spoke alloy wheels with P175/65R15 tires - Prius c Four
• Available 16-in. 8-spoke alloy wheels with P195/50R16 tires on Prius cFour
• Available power tilt/slide moonroof with sliding sunshade; standard on Prius c Four, available on Prius c Three
• Shark-fin antenna
• Rear spoiler
Automatic climate control
• SofTex®-trimmed heated front seats - Prius c Four
• 3.5-in. TFT Multi-Information Display with outside temperature, clock, fuel economy information, cruising range, odometer, trip distance, EV miles driven, Hybrid System Indicator, ECO Savings, ECO Score, energy monitor
• Smart Key System on front doors and liftgate with push button start, remote keyless entry system, and illuminated entry - Prius c Three and Four
• SofTex® center console with armrest and storage compartment - Priusc Two, Three and Four
• Entune™ Audio - includes the Entune™ Multimedia Bundle (6.1-in. touch-screen display, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback capability, four speakers, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port6 with iPod®7connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth®8wireless technology) and Siri® Eyes Free5 - Prius c One and Two
• Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite - includes the Entune™ Multimedia Bundle (6.1-in. high-resolution touch-screen with split-screen display, AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, six speakers, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port6with iPod®7 connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth®8 wireless technology), Siri® Eyes Free5, Entune® App Suite4, HD Radio™9, HD predictive traffic and Doppler weather overlay, AM/FM cache radio, SiriusXM®10 Radio with three-month complimentary trial, Gracenote® album cover art - Prius c Three and Four
• Entune® App Suite4 - includes Destination Search, Facebook Places, iHeartRadio, MovieTickets.com, OpenTable®, Pandora®, Slacker Radio and Yelp®; real-time info including traffic, weather, fuel prices, sports and stocks. Access to Entune® services is subscription-free. See toyota.com/entune for details - Prius c Three and Four
Safety & SecurityIntegrated backup camera14 - Prius c Four
• Star Safety System™
• Nine airbags15 - including driver's knee airbag15, and driver and front-passenger seat-cushion airbags15
• Vehicle Proximity Notification System (VPNS)16
• Driver and front-passenger Whiplash-Injury-Lessening17 seats
• Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)18
• Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with on/off
•ToyotaCare's no-cost scheduled maintenance plan for two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first19
• 24/7 roadside assistance for two years, unlimited miles
Key Competitive Advantages
Better Fuel Economy by Design Thanks to Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive®, a series/parallel hybrid design, the 2016 Prius c has EPA-estimated (city/highway/combined) fuel economy ratings of 53/46/50 mpg1, beating out many of its key competitors. In EV mode3, Prius c can even cruise along solely on electric power.
Compact Size and Agility Prius c is shorter in length and has a smaller turning circle than Civic Hybrid and Focus, perfect for tighter maneuvering and parking.
Upscale Technology The 2016 Prius c features enhanced technology with a standard 6.1-in. touch-screen with USB port2, advanced voice recognition, Bluetooth®4 streaming wireless technology, Siri® Eyes Free5 and much more. Plus, Prius c Three and Four are equipped standard with integrated navigation and the Entune® App Suite6, which allows for users to order movie tickets, make dinner reservations, find nearby points of interest and listen to Pandora®7, Slacker Radio and iHeartRadio, all from the head unit. Drivers and passengers can also stay updated on stocks, sports, weather, traffic and fuel prices.
Cargo Volume 2016 Prius c offers 17.1 ft. of cargo volume8 with the rear seat up, more than Ford Focus Hatchback or Honda Civic Hybrid.
ToyotaCare Prius c comes standard with ToyotaCare9, including a no-cost scheduled maintenance plan for two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first, and two years of 24/7 roadside assistance.
2016 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback SE
• Better Fuel Economy Ratings: Focus doesn't even come close to the EPA fuel economy ratings of 2015 Prius c. Prius c is rated 53/46/50 mpg1 while Focus Hatchback is rated at 27/37/31 mpg1
• More Standard Airbags Prius c comes with nine standard airbags10, Focus has seven
• Full Suite of the Latest Technology: For 2016, Prius c Three and Four offer a variety of standard features such as a navigation system and the Entune® App Suite6. On Focus, navigation costs extra while SYNC® AppLink™ is only available on base S and SE trim levels. Plus, AppLink allows voice control of integrated smartphone apps where the Entune® App Suite6 features several apps integrated into Prius c's audio head unit.
• Compact and Nimble: Prius c is over 14 in. shorter in length and has a smaller turning circle than Focus by about 4.5 ft. to help navigate tight areas and maneuvers
• No-Cost Scheduled Maintenance: While both Prius c and Focus come standard with roadside assistance, only Prius c includes two years or 25,000 miles of no-cost scheduled maintenance thanks to ToyotaCare9
• Cost of Ownership Estimates: According to IntelliChoice.com, Prius c has lower 5-year cost of ownership estimates12 compared to Focus Hatchback. Plus, all four Prius c models were rated "Excellent" values, while 2016 Focus Hatchback received one "Below Average" rating and two "Poor" ratings12
2016 Mazda3 5-Door i Touring AT
• Stellar Fuel Economy: Prius c delivers makes driving even more economical at 53/46/50 mpg1, compared to Mazda3's 30/40/33 mpg ratings
• More Airbags Standard10: Prius c envelopes the cabin with nine airbags10, while Mazda3 tops out at six airbags
• Lower Cost of Ownership: Compared to Mazda3, Prius c has a lower projected cost of ownership according to IntelliChoice.com, and receives an "Excellent" value rating across all trim levels. Mazda3 scores "Average" in this regard
• Less Is More When It Comes to Turning: Prius c out-circles Mazda3, with a turning diameter of only 31.4 ft., compared to 34.78 ft., for tight maneuvering
• Stay Connected Without Getting Lost: Prius c Three and Four offer standard navigation via Entune™Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite, with subscription-free access. Mazda3's Mazda Connect Infotainment System doesn't offer the same level of connectivity to today's popular apps
• The Peace of Mind of ToyotaCare9 While Mazda3 includes 36 months/36,000 mile roadside assistance program, Prius c features ToyotaCare9 standard, which includes two years or 25,000 miles no-cost scheduled maintenance, and two years of 24/7 roadside assistance