Thank you for visiting our website and taking a look at our 2017 Toyota Tacoma video review. You can access our current inventory of 2017 Toyota Tacoma’s, schedule a test drive, apply for financing or get a bid on your current vehicle by selecting one of the links above. In addition you can find information on the 2017 Toyota Tacoma below to include; Reasons to buy a 2017 Toyota Tacoma, what’s new on the 2017 Toyota Tacoma, Key Features for the 2017 Toyota Tacoma, key competitive advantages the 2017 Toyota Tacoma has over its competition. Thank you again for visiting our website and we hope you find this information helpful to your future Toyota purchase.
Why should you buy a 2017 Toyota Tacoma from Toyota of Gladstone?
A Truck for Everyone - A new top-spec TRD model rounds out a versatile 2017 lineup. The third-generation Tacoma has been completely redesigned and re-engineered to continue its dominance of the mid-size truck segment. Tacoma's "trophy truck"-inspired exterior design is combined with a spacious and refined interior. The 2017 Tacoma is loaded with segment first or segment exclusive features including some that will redefine "capability" in the mid-size truck segment.
Tacoma offers rear-wheel drive models with Automatic Limited-Slip rear Differential; 4WD models feature 4WDemand part-time four-wheel drive. With up to 6800 lbs. of maximum towing capacity and up to 1620 lbs. of maximum payload, Tacoma offers near full-size capability in a mid-size package.
Tacoma SR models feature standard Entune™ Audio, which includes the Entune™ Multimedia Bundle, Siri® Eyes Free, and integrated backup camera display. As standard equipment, SR5 models feature Entune™ Audio Plus with Connected Navigation. TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road and TRD Pro models feature Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation. Limited models feature Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation.
The 2017 Tacoma owns off-road. Tacoma TRD Off-Road models boast an impressive 32° approach angle, 23.5° departure angle and 9.4 inches of ground clearance. Tacoma's available Crawl Control (CRAWL), Multi-terrain Select, electronically controlled locking rear differential and new 6-speed automatic transmission ensure all 278 horsepower and 265 lb. ft. of torque get put to good use, allowing owners to experience the next level of off-road pickup truck performance! Plus, a new 6-speed manual transmission is available for purists or for those who just prefer to row their own gears.
A Distinct Model For Every Lifestyle
Tacoma offers a variety of configurations with long or short bed models and a variety of packages and accessories. Tacoma further differentiates grade levels with unique grille and trim treatments and wheel/tire packages.
Tacoma is well equipped with fuel-efficient powertrains that offer impressive EPA estimates and standard ToyotaCare, including a no-cost scheduled maintenance plan for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first, and 24/7 roadside assistance.
What's New for the 2017 Toyota Tacoma?
• TRD Pro Cat-back Exhaust System (TRD Pro)
• TRD-tuned off road suspension with 2.5-inch FOX Internal Bypass coil-over shocks and FOX rear remote reservoir shocks (TRD Pro)
• 16 in. TRD Pro black alloy wheels with P265/70R16 All-Terrain tires (TRD Pro)
• TRD Pro front skid plate (TRD Pro)
• Optional 16 in. black alloy wheels have been discontinued for SR
• Optional mudguards have been discontinued for SR
• SR5 Appearance Package with Parking Sonar & Navigation Package discontinued for 4-cylinder SR5
• Optional mudguards for 4-cylinder SR5 are only available on models equipped with SR5 Appearance Package
• TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, TRD Pro and Limited Double Cab models now equipped with standard power sliding rear window
• Rigid Industries(R) LED fog lights, and taillights with black sport bezels (TRD Pro)
• Heritage-inspired "TOYOTA" front grille, black badging, overfenders, hood scoop with graphic (TRD Pro)
• Black TRD Pro leather-trimmed heated front seats; 4-way adjustable driver's seat with lumbar support; 4-way adjustable front passenger seat (TRD Pro)
• TRD Pro shift Knob and TRD floor mats (TRD Pro)
• Auto-dimming Day/night rearview mirror with compass now standard on V6 SR5 models
• SR5 Appearance Package with Parking Sonar & Navigation Package discontinued for 4-cylinder SR5
• Power sliding rear window w/privacy glass now available on TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, TRD Pro and Limited Double Cab models
Safety & Convenience
• Driver and front passenger knee airbags1 (SR, SR5, TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, TRD Pro, Limited)
• Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)2 with individual tire location alert (SR5, TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, TRD Pro, Limited)
• Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)3 and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)4 (available with package for TRD Sport and TRD Off-Road, standard on TRD Pro and Limited)
• Utility Package: Removes rear seats (seatbacks, headrests and seatbelts) along with rear cup holders. Adds black door handles, black mirror caps, black bumper and fixed rear window. (SR Access Cab L4)
• Convenience Package: Includes cruise control and remote keyless entry (SR)
2017 Toyota Tacoma Key Features
• 2.7-liter DOHC 16 Valve 4-Cylinder with VVT-i; 159 hp @ 5200 rpm/180 lb.-ft. @ 3800 rpm
• 3.5-liter DOHC 24 Valve Direct Injection Atkinson Cycle-capable V6 with VVT-iW (Variable Valve Timing-Intelligent Wider Intake) & VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing-Intelligent Exhaust), with 278 HP @ 6000 rpm/265 lb.-ft. @ 4600 rpm
• MPG Estimates (city/hwy): 19/24 city/hwy (V6 6 A/T)
• 6-speed manual transmission (V6 only)
• 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) (L4 and V6)
• 5-speed manual transmission (L4 only)
• Clutch start cancel switch (5-speed and 6-speed M/T)
• Multi-terrain Select (TRD Off-Road 4X4 A/T and TRD Pro A/T only)
• Crawl Control (CRAWL) (TRD Off-Road 4X4 A/T and TRD Pro A/T only)
• Electronically Controlled Locking Rear Differential (TRD Off-Road and TRD Pro)
• Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) (A/T only)
• Active Traction Control (A-TRAC) (TRD Off-Road 4X4 M/T and TRD Pro M/T only)
• Available V6 Tow Package with Class IV Towing Receiver Hitch, ATF Cooler (not available on manual transmission), Engine Oil Cooler, Power Steering Cooler, 130-Amp Alternator, 4 & 7-Pin Connector w/Converter, and Trailer-Sway Control (TSC)
• Projector-beam headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, Limited models)
• Integrated Wide-angle Fog Lights (TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road. TRD Pro features Rigid Industries LED fog lights)
• Fiber-reinforced Sheet-Molded Composite (SMC) inner bed with steel outer panels, storage compartments and rail caps, Easy-lower lockable tailgate with integrated color keyed spoiler (Standard on all models)
• Deck Rail System with four adjustable tie-down cleats and four fixed cargo bed tie-down points (Standard on all models)
• 120V/400W deck-mounted AC power outlet (TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, TRD Pro, Limited models)
• Power tilt/slide moonroof (optional on Double Cab TRD Sport and TRD Off-Road, standard on Limited models)
• Sliding rear glass (SR), sliding rear glass w/privacy glass (all SR5 models, TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road Access Cab), power sliding rear window w/ privacy glass (Double Cab TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, TRD Pro and Limited models)
• Optional Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover (all except TRD Pro)
• 4.2-in. color multi information display (MID) with outside temperature, odometer, tripmeters and average fuel economy (SR5, TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, TRD Pro, Limited; TRD Off-Road and TRD Pro add inclinometer with pitch/roll displays)
• Front Dual Zone Climate Control (optional on TRD Sport and TRD Off-Road, standard on TRD Pro and Limited)
• Qi-compatible wireless smartphone and mobile device charging (TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, TRD Pro and Limited)
• Entune™ Audio (SR)
• Entune™ Audio Plus with Connected Navigation App (SR5)
• Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite (package on SR5 V6, standard on TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road and TRD Pro)
• Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite (package on TRD Sport and TRD Off-Road Double Cabs, standard on Limited)
• Smart Key System on drivers door with Push Button Start, A/T only (TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, TRD Pro and Limited)
• Auto-dimming day/night rearview mirror with compass and HomeLink® universal transceiver (TRD Pro and Limited)
Safety & Convenience
• Star Safety System™
• Driver and front passenger active headrests
• Driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System
• Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags
• Driver and front passenger knee airbags
• Front and rear Roll-sensing Side Curtain Airbags (RSCA)
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
• Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) with individual tire location alert (all except SR)
• Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) (package on TRD Sport and TRD Off Road; standard on TRD Pro and Limited)
• ToyotaCare for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first
• Roadside Assistance for 2 years, unlimited miles
• Tacoma's recent awards include:
• 2016 Petersen's 4-WHEEL & OFF-ROAD 4X4 of the year
• Kelley Blue Book's (KBB) Best Resale Value: Mid-Size Pickup Truck
• KBB's Best Resale Value: Top 10 (the 13th time in 13 straight years) and 2016 overall Best Resale Value
• America's best-selling midsize pickup for the last ten years
2017 Toyota Tacoma Awards
With a long list of standard features, the all-new 2017 Tacoma is poised to continue its domination of the midsize truck segment.
Petersen's 4-Wheel & Off-Road
2016 Petersen's 4-Wheel & Off-Road 4X4 of the year
2016 KBB.com Best Resale Value: Top 10
2016 KBB.com Best Resale Value: Mid-Size Pickup Truck
Best-selling compact pickup in America
America's best-selling midsize pickup for the last ten years
2016 Toyota Tacoma was named a Best Buy Award Finalist by Kelley Blue Book
Toyota Tacoma, the most awarded pickup ever
2016 Tacoma Double Cab was named a Best Overall Value by IntelliChoice
2016 Tacoma Access Cab was named an Excellent Value winner by IntelliChoice
2016 Tacoma Double Cab was named an Excellent Value winner by IntelliChoice
The 2016 Toyota Tacoma was named an Edmunds.com Best Retained Value® vehicle winner
2017 Toyota Tacoma Key Competitive Advantages
• Unbeatable Value, Especially Over Time
Thanks to Toyota's commitment to quality, durability and reliability, Tacoma continues to earn numerous awards for resale and residual value. For example, Tacoma is Kelley Blue Book's Best Resale Value Award winner and has been named to its Top Ten list for 13 straight years1!
Plus, every Tacoma comes with ToyotaCare-Toyota's standard no-cost scheduled maintenance plan that covers 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. Also, roadside assistance is included for 2 years/unlimited miles.
• Owns Off-Road
Tacoma redefines "off-road" for a pickup truck with its segment-exclusive available Multi-terrain Select, Crawl Control4 and electronically controlled locking rear differential, plus 9.4 inches of ground clearance, a 32° approach angle, 23.5° departure angle and 21° breakover angle (TRD Off-Road Double Cab Short Bed).
• Ultra Functional
Tacoma offers features previously unheard of in its segment, including:
- Crawl Control
- Multi-terrain Select
- GoPro® Mount
- Qi-compatible wireless phone charging
- Hard Tri-fold Tonneau Cover
- Smart Key System on driver's door with Push Button Start (not avail. On M/T)
- Composite Deck with 120V/400W AC power outlet
- LED cargo lamp
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
• The Soundtrack to an Active Lifestyle
Tacoma's standard audio system features a 6.1-in. touch-screen, six speakers, CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port11 with iPod® connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition and Bluetooth® wireless technology.
Plus Tacoma features the available Entune® App Suite with the ability to purchase movie tickets, make dinner reservations and much more, all from the head unit. Most competitors do not offer this level of connectivity.
Every Tacoma comes with 8 standard airbags, the most in its segment, and ultra-high-strength steel is used to increase the cab's structural integrity. Tacoma also offers the venerable STAR Safety System™, Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) with individual location alert and Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA).
2017 Toyota Tacoma Competitive Comparisons
2017 Honda Ridgeline
• Built like a truck: Tacoma's higher ground clearance and approach/breakover/departure angles - as well as its traditional body-on-frame construction - make it exceptionally well-suited to hard work and off-roading. Ridgeline features a more car-like unibody construction.
• Room in back: Tacoma's Standard Bed and Long Bed configurations offer 73.3 inches of bed length - nearly ten inches more than Ridgeline's 64-inch bed.
• Towing power: Depending on model, Tacoma can tow up to 6,800 lbs17. Ridgeline offers a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 lbs.
• Every Ridgeline model offers an EPA-estimated 25 mpg on the highway (26 mpg on 2WD models). Tacoma's fuel economy varies by trim, up to a maximum 24 mpg highway.
• Ridgeline's four-wheel independent suspension (MacPherson strut front; multilink rear) may provide better road manners than Tacoma's leaf spring rear suspension.
• Regardless of trim, Ridgeline offers at least 109.7 cu. ft. of passenger volume. Tacoma offers either 85.6 or 100.1 cu. ft., depending on cab size.
2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
• Powerful: Tacoma's 3.5-liter V6 engine delivers 278 hp at 6000 rpm, 17 more than Frontier's 4.0-liter V6 engine, which produces 261 hp at 5600 rpm
• Efficient: Fuel economy ratings of 18/23/20 mpg (city/highway/combined) surpass Frontier's 15/21/17 mpg ratings
• Safety-minded: Eight total airbags standard, including driver and front passenger knee airbags, versus six airbags for Frontier
• 4.0-liter engine with more torque (281 lb.-ft. versus 265 lb.-ft.) at a lower rpm (4000 versus 4600) than Tacoma's 3.5-liter engine
• Larger front brake rotors (11.7-in. front rotors, versus Tacoma's 10.7-in. front rotors)
• Frontier Pro 4X has premium features like heated leather seats and dual-zone climate control - similar features only available as package upgrades on Tacoma's TRD Off-Road and TRD Sport but standard on range-topping Limited and TRD Pro models