FOR 2016, PRIUS V CONTINUES TO OFFER A SPACIOUS CABIN, GREAT FUEL ECONOMY AND ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY.
Why buy a 2016 Toyota Prius v?
Prius v is more refined across every trim, making it even more enjoyable than ever.
Prius v provides front and rear passengers with excellent head, shoulder and hip room, with an interior carved for comfort. Concave door panels, an extended roofline and a raised rear passenger's seat for improved outward visibility help make Prius v's interior a pleasure in every seat.
Prius v's striking, modern dash design features the navigation, audio and climate controls as its centerpieces. The innovative, single-knob climate control system features dust and pollen filtration, humidity sensor and steering wheel controls. The easy-to-read center stack flows down to the center console, which features four cup holders, a 12V power outlet and a USB port.
Featuring Entune Audio:
Prius v features Entune Audio head units, including a 6.1-in. touch-screen with integrated backup camera, 6 speakers and advanced voice recognition, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology standard on every trim. Prius v Three and above can be equipped with the subscription-free Entune App Suite for access to apps that allow users to purchase movie tickets and book dinner reservations directly from the head unit, stream music through Pandora and iHeartRadio, and much more.
With up to 34.3 cubic feet of cargo space5 behind the rear seats, Prius v has a carrying capacity that is nearly 60% greater than that of Prius, and rivals most small SUVs. Additionally, a 60/40 folding rear seat along with a folding front passenger seat enables a variety of configurations, making Prius v a perfect complement to a young, active family.
A Hybrid Leader:
As part of the Prius Family, Prius v carries Toyota's reputation as a leader in quality and hybrid vehicle development. And with that comes a series of intrinsic qualities that inspire customer confidence: great fuel economy6, an excellent reputation for reliability and advanced technologies.
What's New on the Toyota Prius V for 2016
• Entune App Suite now includes Slacker Radio and Removes Bing Destination Search
• 1.8L Aluminum 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)
• Battery Type: Sealed Nickel-Metal Hydride
• Driving Modes: EV, ECO and POWER
• Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT)
• Motor Type: Permanent magnet AC synchronous motor
• 16-in. 10-spoke alloy wheels with full wheel covers and P205/60R16 tires
• LED projector low- and high-beam headlights with auto-on/off feature
• Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with folding feature
• Hybrid Synergy Drive blue accent badges
• Available panoramic view moonroof with power sunshades (Prius v Five)
Comfort & Convenience
• 60/40 split sliding and reclining fold-down rear seats with adjustable headrests
• Available SofTex-trimmed heated front seats with armrests and seatback pockets
• 13CY Entune Audio
• Power windows with auto up/down, jam protection in all positions and retained-power features
• Single-dial automatic climate control
• Smart Key System on driver’s door with Push-Button Start and remote illuminated entry
Safety & Security
• Advanced Technology Package includes available Pre-Collision System (PCS) , Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Lane Departure Alert and Automatic High Beam
• Available Safety Connect - includes Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Roadside Assistance and Automatic Collision Notification (available by subscription; complimentary one-year trial included)
• Driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System; driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags, driver knee airbag and front and rear side-curtain airbags
• Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) front seats
• ToyotaCare for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first
• Roadside Assistance for 2 years or unlimited, whichever comes first/p>
Key Competitive Advantages
Economy Compared with vehicles of the same class, Prius v's superior EPA fuel economy estimates makes it the clear choice for urban commutes.
Cleaner Operation Prius v Three can emit far fewer greenhouse gases per year than Ford C-MAX Hybrid, Jetta Sportwagen 2.0L TDI and Honda CR-V, and has an emissions rating to back it. Plus, Prius v Four and Five's interiors are host to SofTex-trimmed seats, a synthetic material that weighs half as much as conventional synthetic leather. SofTex also produces 99 perfect fewer volatile compound emissions during its manufacturing process.
Utility Prius v has impressive rear cargo capacity2 and interior passenger volume, affording more interior space for the driver, passengers and their gear.
Convenience Prius v Three comes standard with a host of convenience features with availability unmatched by key competitors - features such as all-electric EV Drive Mode (not available on Fusion Hybrid, Jetta Sportwagen TDI and Honda CR-V), sliding and reclining rear seats (not available on Honda CR-V, Jetta Sportwagen and Ford C-MAX Hybrid and Fusion Hybrid) and standard Smart Key System with Push-Button Start (unmatched by Honda CR-V, Ford C-MAX Hybrid and Fusion Hybrid).
Connected Prius v now offers Entune Audio with its in-car access to apps and real-time information and impressive features like HD Radio, SiriusXM Satellite Radio and AM/FM cache radio, which allows drivers to pause live AM or FM radio for up to 20 minutes with a recorded cache for playback.
2014 Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen TDI
• Eco-friendliness: Compared to Sportwagen TDI's automatic transmission model, Prius v's hybrid powertrain achieves a lower CARB emissions rating, better city and combined EPA-mpg1 ratings (44/40/42 vs. 29/39/33) and features all-electric EV Mode. Only Sportwagen TDI's manual transmission model achieves a highway rating of 42 mpg, 2 better than Prius v.
• More space for passenger and cargo:Prius v offers greater overall cargo volume as well as more head, shoulder and leg room than Jetta Sportwagen. Plus, Prius v's rear seats slide and recline for comfort and versatility unmatched by Sportwagen.
• Technology: Prius v Three comes standard with a touch-screen display, navigation, HD Radio, AM/FM cache radio and more. Plus, Jetta Sportwagen falls short of offering any in-cabin connectivity services comparable to the Entune App Suite.
• Convenience: Prius v features standard Smart Key System with Push-Button Start and automatic climate control. Automatic climate control isn't available for Sportwagen while keyless access with push button start is only included on the Sunroof and Navigation trim level.
• Peace of mind: Prius v has seven standard airbags including a driver knee airbag; Jetta Sportwagen has six.
2015 Honda CR-V EX FWD
• Eco-friendliness: Prius v's hybrid powertrain achieves a lower CARB emissions rating, better EPA-mpg ratings (44/40/42 vs. 27/34/29) and features all-electric EV Mode. Plus, Prius v Four and Five’s interiors feature SofTex-trimmed seats, a synthetic material that weighs half as much as conventional synthetic leather like that offered on CR-V.
• Technology: Prius v Three comes standard with navigation, HD Radio, SiriusXM All Access Radio6with 3-month complimentary trial, and refinements like split-screen touch-screen display capability and compatible voice recognition. While navigation, HD Radio and satellite radio are only available on CR-V EX-L and above, AM/FM cache radio isn’t available on any CR-V trim.
• Convenience: Prius v Three features standard heated power outside mirrors, automatic climate control and sliding and reclining rear seats. You won’t find any of these standard on CR-V EX.
• Peace of Mind: Prius v features seven standard airbags including a driver knee airbag; CR-V features six.
• ToyotaCare: Though CR-V includes 3 years or 36,000 miles of roadside assistance, it doesn't include a no-cost scheduled maintenance plan like that found standard with ToyotaCare.
2015 Ford C-MAX Hybrid SE
• Performance: Prius v's hybrid powertrain achieved a lower CARB emissions rating along with better EPA-mpg1 numbers (44/40/42 vs. 42/37/40) and features ECO and Power Drive Modes.
• More cargo space: Prius v offers greater overall cargo volume than C-MAX hybrid, also featuring sliding and reclining rear seats for added versatility and comfort.
• Technology: Prius v Three comes standard with touch-screen display, navigation, HD Radio, AM/FM cache radio and a 3-month trial of satellite radio. A touch-screen, navigation, HD Radio and satellite radio trial are all extra-cost options while cache radio isn't available on any C-MAX.
• Convenience: Prius v features standard rear backup camera9 and Smart Key System with Push-Button Start - both features are only available as extra-cost options on C-MAX Hybrid SEL.
• ToyotaCare: Though C-MAX Hybrid includes 5 years or 60,000 miles of roadside assistance, it doesn't include a no-cost scheduled maintenance plan like that found standard with Prius v's ToyotaCare.
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
• Performance: Prius v's hybrid powertrain features all-electric EV Mode for hyper-efficient operation. Fusion Hybrid offers no selectable all-electric mode.
• Technology: Prius v Three comes standard with navigation, HD Radio, AM/FM cache radio and more. Navigation is an extra-cost option on all Fusion Hybrid models, HD Radio only comes standard on Titanium and cache radio is unavailable entirely.
• Cargo Room: Prius v has almost three times the available cargo space (34.3 cu. ft. vs. 12 cu. ft.) of Fusion Hybrid, even with all of Prius v's seats up. Plus, Prius v has more head room than Fusion Hybrid.
• Convenience:Prius v features standard Smart Key System4 with Push-Button Start and Hill Acceleration Control (HAC)- Smart entry is available on Fusion Hybrid SE, and Hill Acceleration Control (HAC) is unavailable to Fusion Hybrid entirely.
• ToyotaCare: Though Fusion Hybrid includes 5 years or 60,000 miles of roadside assistance, it doesn't include a no-cost scheduled maintenance plan like that found standard with Prius v's ToyotaCare.