Why buy a 2016 Toyota Yaris?
The 2016 Yaris has a stylish yet sporty, compact exterior for nimble and agile performance, and a spacious interior loaded with standard amenities throughout-making it comfortable and more fun-to-drive than ever.
The 2016 Yaris has sport-tuned Electric Power Steering (EPS) on all trim levels. Plus, Yaris SE adds larger front disc brakes and rear disc brakes. Yaris SE is also equipped with sport-tuned suspension.
The 2016 Yaris has a standard 6.1-in. display audio touch-screen with 6 speakers and available navigation on all trim levels. Yaris also includes two conveniently placed USB ports, an auxiliary audio jack, HD Radio™, and Bluetooth wireless streaming technology with iPod interface. Yaris LE and SE also feature steering wheel audio controls.
The 2016 Yaris comes standard with ToyotaCare, including a no-cost scheduled maintenance plan for 2 years or 25,000 miles, (whichever comes first) and 24-hour roadside assistance for 2 years, unlimited miles.
What's New on the Toyota Yaris for 2016?
• Special Color - Barcelona Red Metallic (3R3) w/Black Sand Pearl Roof (209) [2NU]
• Special Color - Crushed Ice (084) w/Black Sand Pearl Roof (209) [2NS]
2016 Toyota Yaris Key Features
• 1.5-Liter 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-Valve Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)
• Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
• 5-speed manual transmission standard on L and SE
• Available 4-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i); standard on LE
• Independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar; torsion beam rear suspension (L, LE)
• Sport-tuned independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar; torsion beam rear suspension (SE)
• Sport-tuned Electric Power Steering (EPS); power-assisted rack-and-pinion
• Power-assisted ventilated front disc brakes; rear drum brakes (L, LE)
• Rear disc brakes standard on SE
• 16-in. machined face alloy wheels (SE)
• Multi-reflector halogen headlights with chrome accents (L, LE)
• Projector-beam headlights with black sport trim and LED light bar accent (SE)
• Integrated fog lights (SE)
• LED Daytime Running Lights (SE)
• Color-keyed power outside mirrors (LE, SE)
• Steering wheel with audio controls (LE, SE)
• Cruise control (LE, SE)
• Remote keyless entry system with lock, unlock and panic functions (LE, SE)
• 6-way adjustable driver's seat; 4-way adjustable front passenger seat with seatback pocket
• 60/40 split fold-down rear seat
• Cargo area tonneau cover
• Yaris Entune Audio - 6.1-in. touch-screen, AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, 6 speakers, HD Radio with iTunes Tagging, auxiliary audio jack, USB port with iPod connectivity and control, hands-free phone capability, voice recognition, and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology
• Available Navigation system for all grades
Safety & Security
• 9 airbags - driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags, driver knee airbag8, driver and front passenger seat cushion airbags, front and rear side curtain airbags
• Driver and front passenger Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) seats
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) includes lower anchors on outboard rear seats and tether anchors on all rear seats
• Energy-absorbing collapsible steering column
• Engine immobilizer (LE, SE)
•ToyotaCare - including 2-year or 25,000-mile (whichever comes first) no-cost scheduled maintenance plan
• Roadside Assistance - 2 years, unlimited miles
Toyota Yaris Awards
• Best Overall Value of the Year for the Last 4 Years in a Row1
• 2015 Yaris 3-door was named a SmartChoice Operating Costs Winner by IntelliChoice
• 2015 Yaris 3-door was named a SmartChoice Ownership Costs Winner by IntelliChoice1
• 2015 Yaris 3-door was named an Excellent Value by IntelliChoice
Key Competitive Advantages
Sophisticated Styling The 2016 Yaris retains its stylish, sporty exterior redesign from 2015, as well as its revamped interior. Additionally, Yaris SE has standard projector-beam headlights, LED Daytime Running Lights and fog lights, offering tough competition against its challengers.
Preferred Performance The 2016 Yaris has great ride comfort, quality and handling with sport-tuned power steering on all trim levels, while SE has sport-tuned suspension, a performance feature not offered by Versa NOTE, Accent, or Fit.
Total Connectivity With a standard 6.1-in. touch-screen, HD Radio, two USB ports, Bluetooth wireless technology, and available navigation on all trim levels, the 2016 Yaris offers a compelling suite of upscale technology.
Increased ValueThe 2016 Yaris comes standard with ToyotaCare1, which includes a no-cost scheduled maintenance plan for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first, along with 24-hour roadside assistance. While its competitors offer roadside assistance only Sonic offers complimentary maintenance.
2016 Ford Fiesta S Hatch
• Superior Safety: The 2016 Yaris comes equipped with 9 airbags-2 more than the Fiesta S Hatch. In addition, the Yaris boasts the STAR Safety system, including Brake Assist, Electronic Brake-force Distribution, and Smart Stop Technology - none of which is available on the Fiesta S Hatch.
• Competitive MSRP: The Fiesta S Hatch with automatic transmission has an MSRP of $15,984, while the Yaris 5-Door L starts at $15,995.
• Spacious Interior: With more rear leg room (33.1 in. vs. 31.2 in.) and more cargo space than the Fiesta S Hatch (15.6 cu. ft. vs 14.9 cu. ft.), the Yaris brings added comfort, extra leg room, and more storage for every ride.
• Enhanced Fuel Efficiency: The Yaris 5-Door L boasts an EPA estimated 30 MPG in the city, while the Ford Fiesta S Hatch only gets an EPA estimated 27 MPG in the city.
2016 Hyundai Accent SE Hatchback
• Leading Safety Features: The 2016 Yaris comes equipped with 9 standard airbags, along with driver's knee and front seat-mounted airbags. The Accent only offers 6. Also, the Yaris features Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) front seats, a feature the Accent can't match.
• Competitive MSRP: The Accent SE Hatchback with automatic transmission has an MSRP of $16,195 while Yaris 5-Door L starts at $15,995.
• Enhanced Fuel Efficiency: Yaris 5-Door L boasts an EPA estimated 30 MPG in the city, while the Hyundai Accent SE Hatchback only gets an EPA estimated 27 MPG in the city.
• Upscale Entertainment Package: The 2016 Yaris comes equipped with a 6.1-in. display audio head unit and HD Radio which makes extended trips more enjoyable.
2016 Nissan Versa Note S
• Safety Comes First: Yaris is equipped with 9 airbags2 and Whiplash-Injury Lessening seats. The Versa only has 6 airbags and does not include any features designed to prevent the effects of whiplash.
• Enhanced Fuel Efficiency: Yaris 5-Door L boasts an EPA estimated 30 MPG in the city, while the Versa Note S only gets an EPA estimated 27 MPG in the city.
• Entertainment Insider: The 6.1-in. touch-screen of the Yaris is larger than the Versa's 5-in. touch-screen. Yaris also has six speakers to the Versa's four. For buyers in the market for driving excitement, the Yaris can't be topped.