Thank you for visiting our website and taking a look at our 2017 Toyota RAV4 video review. You can access our current inventory of 2017 Toyota RAV4’s, schedule a test drive, apply for financing or get a bid on your current vehicle by selecting one of the links above. In addition you can find information on the 2017 Toyota RAV4 below to include; Reasons to buy a 2017 Toyota RAV4, what’s new on the 2017 Toyota RAV4, Key Features for the 2017 Toyota RAV4, key competitive advantages the 2017 Toyota RAV4 has over its competition. Thank you again for visiting our website and we hope you find this information helpful to your future Toyota purchase.
Why should you buy a 2017 Toyota RAV4 from Toyota of Gladstone?
Go Further & Do More - The 2017 RAV4 augments its successful formula of versatility, style and technology with new standard safety tech, as well as introduces Hybrid SE and Limited Platinum Grades. The 2017 RAV4 comes standard with the impressive safety and convenience technology TSS-P3, a capable suspension for a more stable/comfortable ride, quiet cabin, an all-new fuel-efficient yet powerful SE Hybrid Grade, and an all-new Limited Platinum Grade (Gas only). With capable AWD available and a wealth of versatile features, RAV4 is built to be fun to drive and ready for adventure.
Fun to Drive
Conventional RAV4's 6-speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission with sequential shift mode gives drivers smooth, manual-like control of the transmission, and its selectable Drive mode switch, lets drivers choose between Normal, Sport and ECO modes to suit their styles. Sport mode decreases power steering assistance to increase road feel for the driver, sharpens throttle response and offers higher revs for a more dynamic driving experience. On AWD models, torque transfer to the rear wheels will start from the moment the steering wheel is turned in all modes (previously only in Sport mode). The Dynamic Torque Control AWD System, with feedback from driver steering input, will adjust automatically to a 90:10 front/rear torque distribution to reduce the load on the front tires. If later an actual understeer develops, torque transfer to the rear wheels is automatically increased by up to 50%, further reducing front tire loading to provide improved lateral grip and control in turns. RAV4 offers a segment-only Hybrid powertrain with power and fuel efficiency.
RAV4 features a dynamic exterior with projector-beam headlights in front while SE and above grades feature LED headlights and LED DRLs. Front and rear skid plate garnishes are standard. A raised hood continues onto the beltline for a strong SUV stance. Standard roof rails add to the vehicle's versatility. SE and the new SE Hybrid Grades feature a redesigned unique front bumper and honeycomb grill. An optional SE (Gas only) S-Code Paint Treatment (SX) Includes silver front and rear lower bumper, rocker panel and over fenders with black front and rear bumper garnish instead of black moldings. The all-new Limited Platinum Grades feature a exclusive full body color exterior paint where the lower plastic cladding is color-keyed to top body color.
RAV4 offers an extra level of comfort with dual-zone automatic climate control standard on XLE and above, and standard heated front seats on SE and above. Soft-touch padding remains on the lower dash on all grades, and front door upper armrests on XLE and above. Plus, each grade offers a reclining rear seat, offering backseat passengers added convenience. RAV4 (gas models) also has a spacious interior with 73.4 cu. ft. of cargo space.
When it comes to technology, RAV4 features a variety of impressive connectivity features including standard Bluetooth® wireless technology, auxiliary and USB 2.0 port with iPod® connectivity, advanced voice recognition, available Scout® GPS Link, available Siri® Eyes Free and available Entune® App Suite. All RAV4 grades feature sound damping materials that are strategically placed to help block outside noise, and an acoustic noise-reducing front windshield that helps maximize listening enjoyment inside the cabin from RAV4's offered lineup of Entune™ Audio head units. The all-new Limited Platinum Grades feature a convenient height-adjustable, foot-activated power liftgate with jam protection.
Safety on all Grades
As with all Toyotas, RAV4 comes standard with Star Safety System™. Plus, all 2017 RAV4 grades come standard with Toyota Safety Sense™ P, which includes Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Pedestrian Detection function (PCS w/PD), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist function (LDA w/SA), Auto High Beams (AHB) and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), to help provide even more peace of mind. It is equipped with eight standard airbags including a driver knee airbag and front passenger seat cushion airbag. Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) is standard on all grades. Trailer-Sway Control (TSC) is standard on all grades except SE and SE Hybrid. Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) comes standard on SE, SE Hybrid, Limited, Limited Hybrid, and Limited Platinum, and is available on XLE and XLE Hybrid. Front and rear Parking Assist Sonar comes standard on Limited and Limited Platinum and is available on XLE, XLE Hybrid, SE, and SE Hybrid.
What's New for the 2017 Toyota RAV4?
• New SE Hybrid Grade - standard Electronic On-Demand AWD with intelligence (AWD-i). Standard suspension, NOT SE sport-tuned suspension.
• New Limited Platinum Grade (Gas only, No Hybrid option)
• Front: SE grade (gas and hybrid) front bumper and grill redesigned to provide a more truck-like appearance
• Limited Platinum Grade (Gas only, No Hybrid option) - Full body color - lower plastic cladding color-keyed to top body color, 5-door Smart Key System1, Height-adjustable Foot activated power liftgate with jam protection, and Platinum badging
• New exterior color option: Galactic Aqua Mica (221) replaces the discontinued Hot Lava (4R8). Silver Sky Metallic (1D6) replaces Classic Silver Metallic (1F7) for Hybrid grades. (Colors vary by grade, refer to Colors/Trims)
• Discontinued exterior colors: Hot Lava (4R8), Classic Silver Metallic (1F7) from Hybrid grades
• (1D6) Silver Sky Metallic replaces the (1F7) Classic Silver Metallic on the available S-Code Paint Treatment (SX option) (available on SE gas ONLY, not available on SE Hybrid) - includes silver front and rear lower bumper, rocker panel and over fenders with black front and rear skid-plate garnishes
• For 2016, the height-adjustable power liftgate with memory and jam protection was standard on XLE. For 2017, it is important to know this feature is now an available option on XLE and XLE Hybrid (as part of the PB option or CP package); multiple height adjustments can be selected using the steering wheel mounted 4-way switch and MID Settings Menu
• New available (SO) Package on SE gas models: Includes S-Code Paint Treatment - Includes silver front and rear lower bumper, rocker panel and over fenders with black front and rear bumper garnish, includes Rear Sonar, PLUS Advanced Technology Package - Bird's Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan, Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite, and front and rear parking Sonar (SE Gas only)
• LE grades receive instrument cluster mounted 4.2-in., full-color TFT Multi-Information Display (MID), replacing the previous 3.5-in. LCD MID
• Limited Platinum Grade (Gas only, No Hybrid option) - Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation2 and App Suite, Ambient footwell lighting, heated steering wheel, Bird's Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan, Platinum door-sill protectors, Platinum floor mats (plush), and Platinum interior ornamentation/trim on shifter plate and door control bezels
Safety & Convenience
• Toyota Safety Sense™ P now standard for ALL grades - includes Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Pedestrian Detection function (PCS w/PD), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist function (LDA w/SA), Auto High Beams (AHB) and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
2017 Toyota RAV4 Key Features
• Conventional: 176-hp 2.5L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (dual VVT-i) (2AR-FE)
• 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (6ECT-i)
• Steering wheel mounted paddle shifters (SE gas only, not SE Hybrid)
• Front-Wheel Drive with Automatic Limited Slip Differential (Auto LSD)
• Available Dynamic Torque Control AWD (conventional gas models only)
• Segment ONLY Hybrid: 194-hp 2.5L 4-cylinder Atkinson-cycle DOHC 16-valve with VVT-i (2AR-FXE) (Hybrid Grades)
• Standard Electronic On-Demand AWD with intelligence (AWD-i) (Hybrid grades)
• Normal, Sport, ECO and EV drive modes (varies based on gas or Hybrid)
• Sport-tuned shock absorbers and springs (SE Gas only)
• Entune™ Audio with integrated backup camera with projected path
• 4.2-in. TFT Multi-Information Display
• Dual-zone automatic climate control (XLE and above)
• Power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade (XLE and above)
• 60/40 split, sliding, reclining, fold-flat second-row seat with center armrest
• SofTex®-trimmed seating with two-stage heated front seats (SE and above), driver's seat memory function on Limited and Limited Platinum
• Smart Key System1 with Push Button Start (standard on RAV4 Hybrid XLE and above, available on RAV4 XLE gas)
• HomeLink® (Limited, Limited, Hybrid, and Limited Platinum)
Safety & Convenience
• 8 standard airbags including driver knee airbag and front-passenger seat cushion airbag
• Two LATCH locations
• Star Safety System™
• Standard Toyota Safety Sense™ P: Pre-Collision System (PCS)4 with Pedestrian Detection Function, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist Function (LDA w/SA), Auto High Beams (AHB) and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
• Front and rear Parking Assist Sonar (Standard on Limited and Limited Platinum and is available on XLE, XLE Hybrid, SE, and SE Hybrid)
• Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (Standard on SE, SE Hybrid, Limited, Limited Hybrid, and Limited Platinum, and is available on XLE and XLE Hybrid)
• Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC)
• Trailer-Sway Control (TSC) (Standard on all grades except SE and SE Hybrid)
• Driver and front passenger Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) seats
• Engine immobilizer
• Available Advanced Technology Package (AT) including Bird's Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan, overhead 360 degree view in drive and reverse, and curb view (Available on SE, SE Hybrid, Limited, and Limited Hybrid)
• Color-keyed rear spoiler and roof-mounted shark fin antenna
• Projector beam headlights and Daytime Running Lights (DRL) (LED on SE and above)
• Washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wiper and intermittent rear window wiper (Standard on XLE and above)
• Height-adjustable power liftgate with memory and jam protection (Standard on SE and above) (available on XLE and XLE Hybrid in Option (PB)). New foot-activated feature on Limited Platinum grades
• Full body color - Lower plastic cladding color-keyed to top body color on Limited Platinum grades
• 5-Door Smart Key System on Limited Platinum grades
• Available S-Code Paint Treatment (SX) - Includes silver front and rear lower bumper, rocker panel and over fenders with black front and rear bumper garnish, includes Rear Sonar (SE Gas only)
• RAV4 Hybrid - Best-in-class city and combined EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings
• ToyotaCare, including factory-scheduled maintenance for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first
• Roadside Assistance for 2 years, unlimited miles
2017 Toyota RAV4 Awards
RAV4 combines exceptional value with versatility, competing against Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5, Subaru Forester, Nissan Rogue, Chevy Equinox and Jeep Cherokee.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
2017 Toyota RAV4 received the NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating
U.S. News & World Report
The 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid was named Best Hybrid SUV for the Money by U.S. News & World Report
2016 RAV4 Hybrid was named a SmartChoice Operating Costs winner by IntelliChoice
2016 RAV4 Hybrid was named a SmartChoice Fuel Costs winner by IntelliChoice
Over 90% of RAV4s sold over the last 10 years are still on the road today
2017 Toyota RAV4 Key Competitive Advantages
RAV4 has unique exterior design cues for a strong, dynamic SUV look that makes it stand out against the crossover competition. Enhanced interior materials and color options take that even further. For those that want the next level, Limited Platinum grades feature full body exterior color where the lower plastic cladding is color-keyed to the top body color.
Entertainment and Convenience Technology
Customers will be pleased with the available technology offered on RAV4, especially the 7-in. audio display, Bird's Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan and Entune® App Suite. Plus, RAV4 offers available Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio, which ups the speaker count to 11. Most of the competition can't keep up. Limited Platinum grades even adds a heated steering wheel, 5-door Smart Key System and a foot-activated, Height-adjustable, power liftgate with jam protection
When it comes to versatility, RAV4 offers customers more with a proven AWD option, multiple driving modes, generous cargo capacity, sporty SE models and fuel-efficient yet powerful Hybrid models all of which set it apart from the rest. Add to that an SE Hybrid and Limited Platinum for even more options.
With eight standard airbags, Star Safety System™, Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) and Trailer-Sway Control (TSC) (standard on all grades except SE and SE Hybrid), RAV4 helps provide owners with peace of mind. It also offers advanced safety features like a Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) and front and rear Parking Assist Sonar. RAV4 even adds to this already impressive safety list with STANDARD Toyota Safety Sense™ P, which features Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist function (LDA w/SA), Auto High Beams (AHB) and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
Toyota QDR And Value
Toyota's fourth-generation RAV4 continues the tradition of Quality, Durability and Reliability, helping keep ownership costs low with competitive EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings for the Conventional models, segment-leading city and combined EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings on Hybrid models, and ToyotaCare's no-cost scheduled maintenance plan for two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first.
2017 Toyota RAV4’s Competitive Comparisons
2017 Ford Escape
• Safety first: The entire RAV4 lineup now comes standard with the high-tech Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) package of safety and driver assistance features. Escape does offer some similar features, but only with select trims, packages and options.
• Easy at the pump: Even the non-hybrid RAV4 can deliver EPA-estimated fuel economy of 23/30/26 mpg (city/hwy/combined), which is more efficient than all three of Escape's engine options.
• Plenty of space: RAV4 offers 73.4 cubic feet of storage capacity behind the first row, which beats Escape's figure of 68.0 cubic feet.
• Escape offers upgraded turbo engines as powerful as 245 horsepower. RAV4 only has one 176-horsepower engine (although RAV4 Hybrid delivers 194 net system horsepower).
• Depending on engine, Escape can offer up to 3,500 lbs. towing capacity. RAV4 is limited to 1,500 lbs. for select standard models and 1,750 lbs. for hybrid models (excluding SE Hybrid).
• Ford offers 5 years/60,000 miles of 24-hour roadside assistance, whereas ToyotaCare only covers 2 years (although unlimited miles).
2017 Subaru Forester
• Safe: RAV4 is equipped with 8 airbags versus Forester's 7, as well as standard Toyota Safety Sense™ P, which offers driver assistance functionality that is only available as an extra cost package on Forester 2.5i Premium.
• Spacious: RAV4 provides more cargo room (73.4 cubic feet behind the first row and 38.4 cubic feet behind the second) than Forester (68.5 cubic feet and 31.5 cubic feet, respectively).
• Connected: RAV4 XLE comes standard with Scout® GPS Link Connected Navigation and can be upgraded with Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation, while Forester 2.5i Premium has no navigation functionality, standard or available.
• The EPA-estimated 26/32/28 mpg (city/hwy/combined) fuel mileage ratings of Forester beat RAV4's 22/28/25 mpg fuel economy figures.
• Forester 2.5i Premium comes in at a lower MSRP ($25,995) than RAV4 XLE AWD ($28,230).
• According to IntelliChoice, Forester 2.5i Premium offers lower 5-year depreciation (Advantage of $1,687) and total cost of ownership (Advantage of $2,566) than RAV4 XLE.